I live!

Yes, I have returned! Hold your applause until the end, please. After a migraine which lasted four days and a general condition of BLAH for nearly two weeks, I am once again fit to blog and going about my business! Not that I've managed to get much actual writing done, mind you, but I am at least able to look at a computer screen.

This post will be more than usually random, as my life has been the same way lately. Sadly, while randomness may be fun, it does not make for a word-productive Anne. I specify word-productive, because my housecleaning may finally be on an upward rather than a downward spiral. Though it's still going to be, har har, an uphill battle.

On the topic of my health, my dad was the one who figured out the right medicine to break the stupid clingy migraine, but my mom made the suggestion that may help me beat the stress which caused it. Each day, I will pick out three things that need doing. As long as I get them done, the rest of my time is legitimately mine to enjoy myself.

Most of you, O readers, who have been around for a while are familiar with Anne-rants. I'm not always overly fond of me, and I'm hoping that focusing on my three things will keep me from either overloading with work or letting everything go and then guilt-tripping myself. Thoughts from anyone else with the same tendencies?

As for current writing projects, the most active is my retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Most Incredible Thing", in which whosoever does the most incredible thing will have half the kingdom and the Princess -- but how does the Princess feel about that? I have a couple places I might submit this story, so wish me luck!

In the domain of fan fiction, my Frozen fanfic "Worthy Queen of Greatness" should be ready for words-on-page soon. I'm working on using more of Andersen's actual "Snow Queen", along with a love interest for Elsa as well as Anna, but without losing the awesomeness of the sisterly-love plot. Sneak peek, to the tune of "Frozen Heart":

When the blood of the mountain king is spilled
And the snow queen weeps in grief,
Then break apart the frozen heart
For the living heart's relief.

To those of you who started speculating on the Hogwarts Houses of Frozen characters on the Dangerverse Facebook group, you are evil. That is all I will say about that. And since I bring up the DV... well, sadly, I do not have much to say about the DV. I know what happens in Chapter 52 of Surpassing Danger, but the words are being coy.

So, having deleted the random spam (do I look like I want to buy a projector from India?), fielded the question about whether I wrote an article on dirt (sorry, no), and looked askance at the spike in traffic on Tuesday (full moon den, I presume), I shall sign off for now. Thanks for reading and yes, tomorrow will indeed be Fiction Friday!

6 Comments to I live! :

Alex Conall on Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:18 PM
Yay, you live! Yay Frozen fic! Whyyyy would you be commenting on the evilness of people wondering what Houses Frozen characters would be in, I wonder? :-D

lilyginnyrose on Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:12 PM
hey! It's nice to hear from you again, I was getting worried a bit. I am glad you're not sick anymore and hope that your new three things a day-thing will work. I did something similar two summers ago, because I was lazying my summer holidays away and promised myself I would do three 'good deeds' every day. It made do some stuff I'd never have done otherwise but which I really enjoyed. It worked out great for me, so I really wish it will for you too, even though yours is a different situation. As for your words on page, don't worry about that, as long as it's in your head, it will find its way to what you're going to write sometime. And thinking of something is often a lot harder than writing it down(I have to do this reaaaaaaallly big essay, and that's what I've found so far, at least), so I would only worry if you don't have ideas anymore. I'm looking forward to fiction friday, see you then!

NotACat on Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:59 PM
I dare you to write an article on dirt, I double-dare you. I'd read it, I couldn't guarantee anybody else ;-)

Dawn on Friday, April 18, 2014 12:18 AM
I'm glad to hear you've shaken that migraine. Fighting a downward spiral would be an uphill battle, yes. (Hee.) If you're going to keep writing Frozen fic, I may have to actually watch the movie. I don't know what the Tuesday traffic was about, Den is usually the Saturday after the full moon. Nowadays, anyway. Maybe it was a random Happy Tuesday present? Why would you have written an article on dirt?

Haminac on Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:22 AM
Your mother sounds like a seriously wise person :] I think that is a great piece of advice. Who knows, maybe I will try out that method myself? I certainly hope it helps you, not only because I am fond of your writing but also because what is making the random, self depriving blog posts so hard for me to read is, I never know an intelligent thing to say on it. So I hope it's helping you and bringing something in your life in an upward spiral again :]

ray ban online on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:17 AM
You made some good points there. I did a search on the subject and found most individuals will approve with your blog.