The cold never bothered me anyway

If only that were true... the weather does not appear to have gotten the memo that it is officially spring, and is merrily handing out winter temperatures and even some predicted snow for later today. While I greet snow with glee in November and December, by late March, I'd rather that it get out of the way and let in the spring.

But in any case -- brace yourselves, O readers -- today's blog post will be on the topic for the weekday! Yes, it's Trycanta Tuesday, and I have in fact been writing Trycanta! Not just Friday's little flash fiction (which, thank you for your response), but an actual short story, which may well get me into one of the other continents' novel series.

I know what you're thinking. I can practically hear the eye-rolling. (It's a big sister thing.) "But Anne, you already have two open novel series, including one set on Trycanta! Why do you need another one? Why don't you do some work on Playing with Fire, or Snowball if you just have to write humans and dragons and cats oh my?"

As I have said before, O readers, writing begets writing. And right now, with the emo-coaster warming up for another run, I'm happy to be doing any kind of writing. Snowball and PwF are percolating away in the back of my head, yes, and I'm hoping to get a few words down on them fairly soon, but if this is hot now, I'm going for it.

Besides, this new and as yet untitled story is about mazor, or partly so. Which means it could well appear in Here Be Dragons, my second book of short stories. And once I have a nice long anchor piece for that, my author-senses will start tingling. Fill the pages, Anne. Trust your instincts. (Mixing geeky metaphors. My life amuses me.)

In other news, my writing has finally landed over at Scribd, and I would really appreciate a few more views to boost me out of the basement over there! Please? Pretty please with stories on top? As I mentioned in this morning's Tweet, I do have some fanfic ideas percolating as well, so you could be rewarded fairly soon...

But all of that will come when it comes. For now, I had better sign off, with wishes that you, O readers, have a pleasant and productive and generally awesome day. And, for anyone in my neck of the woods, stay warm! Spring's coming... I hope! Thanks, as always, for reading, and fingers crossed for more good writing news on Thursday!

7 Comments to The cold never bothered me anyway:

Alex Conall on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:24 PM
OOO STORY. Also, now I have Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten" stuck in my head. Again. (Don't even think about it. This is a good earworm.)

Amelia on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:41 PM
Ooh! I finally got around to watching Frozen last week, on the plane home from China. Great movie. Unfortunately, here in Toronto Elsa does not seem to have lifted the eternal winter yet :( . Oh well, after Friday the weather might actually deign to raise itself to historic averages...

Frances on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:56 AM
It's unfortunate but while London is currently not quite so cold as many places, for the next two weeks I shall be sitting relatively still in an unheated rehearsal room which, if yesterday is any indication, makes standing up to go outside feel warm. The temptation to bring my duvet in is growing and who knows when I will succumb. New story sounds exciting!! And I am ridiculously happy about any writing you are doing regardless of the series (or lack of series) it belongs to!

Mary Flamini on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:08 PM
Knowing you are writing is (poetically speaking) warming up my days, which I suspect are even colder (prosaically speaking) than yours, since I shiver on the southern edge of a almost completely frozen Great Lake. Shall all the denizens of the northeast portion of North America solemnly swear that when spring does come, we will all actually go outside and look at it? Robins and crocuses and ever shrinking and dirtier piles of snow and all?

lilyginnyrose on Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:16 AM
Hey, It's a pity to hear you still have winter. Over at our place the weather is clearing up nicely. But don't despair, your turn will come, and spring can't be too late. I wanted to ask, do you get money for people reading your books over at scribd? Cause I really want to read them, and not steal them to do so. If so, I can go and boost your views a bit. oh yes, I just saw FROZEN, too. It is great.

buffarama on Saturday, March 29, 2014 12:23 AM
*steals PAGE for 80* F days*

aurina on Tuesday, June 03, 2014 9:53 AM
.............I've always heard that kids/teens want to read about a protagonist that's a little older than they are. So if that's the case, I agree with Emily's statement that there should be a little more room about 18 for YA fiction protagnoists. .....:)