Combinations

So today's post will be short, just an attempt to catch you up on life, writing, and everything else, and get myself back into the habit of blogging. I missed it this past weekend due to other things I had to do, and on Tuesday because it was so cold in the house that I didn't want to get out of the den of blankets on the living room floor.

Sadly I have nothing to report on the proper topic of this weekday. Most of my writing has been on hiatus since Christmas. I wish I could tell you when that will change, but I can't. I can tell you that the people who've been asking about donating my books to libraries can now get a deal on Etsy -- the library combo pack, 3 books for $20, is live!

In other news, Brando has decided that if we are not paying attention to him, he will make us pay attention, by such actions as ripping open the entire length of the couch and chewing on the cushions (duct tape to the rescue), or tearing up his kennel mat and wetting it thoroughly (garbage bags, paper towels, and spray cleaner). ARGH.

Still no news of the cats, but I was able to get the alumni office of my college, in the same town where they were last seen, to post flyers about them in the campus center. Possibly someone has seen them and will call. Apart from that, we can only hope, and try not to yell at the people who cheerily say, "Oh, you can get new cats!"

I've tried to write the next few paragraphs of this post three times, and every time it came out bitter, rude, and self-serving, which I think is an indication I ought to stop. Thanks for reading and I apologize for not being able to provide anything more interesting at this time. I might blog again Saturday. Depends if I have stuff to say.

14 Comments to Combinations:

Elizabeth Conall on Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:20 AM
*hughughug*

Anne on Monday, January 13, 2014 9:47 AM
Thanks. *small smile*

Sarah on Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:41 AM
I've just returned from holiday visiting with family and limited internet access, and...Wow. Forgive me if my first emotion upon reading about your accident was relief that you are (remarkably) unscathed. This is not to say that I wasn't also glad that your cats seem to also be well, but that's still tinged with uncertainty. I'm not anywhere near enough to your area to be of assistance in finding them, but I've got my fingers crossed for you to be reunited-- I know I would be a complete mess until I found them, if I were in your shoes. Best of luck, and all my hopes for a happy ending and a prosperous new year.

Anne on Monday, January 13, 2014 9:47 AM
Yeah, not what I wanted for Christmas either. Though surviving was nice.

Anna L on Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:23 PM
Lots of hugs! Dont listen to the people saying you should get new cats. You still have hope. I'm just glad that you are ok. Hopefully with the improvement of weather, things will improve as well

Anne on Monday, January 13, 2014 9:48 AM
Thanks. Hope hurts, but I'm dealing with that.

Haminac on Friday, January 10, 2014 11:03 AM
Oh dear... I think yelling at stupid people, though satisfying, mostly doesn't help. So... since I cannot report on having bought your books (I don't own a kindle or a PayPal Account so I am really unsure, where I just can get all your stuff as nice fluffy EPUBs I have a way to pay for.... because I really want to pay you a lot for them :D) Else, I can only think of offering more hugs to make the depressing thoughts go away and send some virtual coal and sunshine to your really really cold place. See you on Saturday :]

Anna on Friday, January 10, 2014 1:58 PM
The kindle ap is free so you can just download it and read it on your computer. Also Calibri will convert various formats into epubs. You can use paypal and still pay via a credit card, you dont have to link it to your bank account. Hope that helps, and I myself need to get on the whole buying more Anne books

Anne on Friday, January 10, 2014 2:04 PM
Credit cards have been something of a subject of discussion before. Apparently they're harder to get, and more expensive, in other parts of the world than they are in the US, and this often frustrates people. (If you're willing to do a paper workaround, I do have the order form available on the Contact Anne link, and if you mail me a check or even cash, I'll gladly send you the e-books via email...)

Haminac on Friday, January 10, 2014 3:45 PM
Hi, thank you, both. I checked out the form and send a message to Anne :]

Anne on Monday, January 13, 2014 9:49 AM
Yes, you did -- I will get back to you sometime today, or probably early tomorrow by your time. Payment methods really are different!

Geoffrey on Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:21 AM
Anne thinks she can be bitter, rude, and self-serving? I don’t think so. Not our Anne. Nonono. You must be thinking of someone else.

I do wish I could get a kitty, though. I remember an orange stripy one; she ran away in the middle of a move and wasn’t seen for months after. And then one day there’s the kitty hiding in the bushes near a park. There is nothing quite like sleeping with a kitty lying on your chest. Of course, with the rule that one musn’t move when pets are sleeping on one's self, it does make everything else a bit more difficult.

I guess I don’t wish hard enough to make it happen. C’est la vie.

Hope the house isn’t still freezing, but so glad to hear about the den. I’ve always imagined you’d have one.

Anne on Monday, January 13, 2014 9:50 AM
Oh, I can be. I try not to let it last long, but there is no doubt that I can be. And yes, dens exist at our house. Probably with more frequency if/when the weather gets that cold again.

Adam on Monday, January 20, 2014 7:34 PM
It is not wrong to be bitter, rude and self-serving. You may think it is, and that I blame on your upbringing. But it is not rude. What is rude is to harm other people. You, I think, do not currently harm people. Except yourself.