250K and counting

Yes, you read the title right. As of this latest chapter (which is Chapter 36, "The Unfairest of Them All", if you were wondering), the latest installment of the Dangerverse has passed two hundred fifty thousand words, and we are nowhere near done yet. We are, however, getting close to some exciting stuff.

Three Fridays from now, October 25th, marks the ninth anniversary of the original posting of the Dangerverse on fanfiction. I'm going to try to write three chapters to go with those three Fridays. How does that sound? And will your answer to that question change if I tell you that those three chapters probably won't get us through June 5th?

I certainly never thought, as I've said before, that seven years of Outer Time would pass between my Chronicling Luna's vision and the actual happenings of that day. Blame the astonishing fact that real life is harder than college, perhaps? It certainly came as a shock to me, and I consider myself a bit better prepared than some.

Now that it's here, why not share your theories with each other? Lots of you have shared them with me, and in some cases I may have responded to let you know a bit more. Others of you, who've met me in person, got to hear it from the horse's (or panther's) mouth. One of you fell off the couch in shock at some of the revelations.

Though, as I've also stated many times before, I cannot make guarantees about my writing, I feel as if I've gotten through some of the last hard times now. We're coming into the homestretch, as it were, and pretty soon we'll be getting more answers than questions. So, just to keep you on your toes (and mix sports metaphors shamelessly):

• All surviving members of the Pack and Pride will destroy at least one enemy.
  • Corona Gamp will be a motive force in the beginning of the end.
  • Consider the way in which the Deathly Hallows pass from hand to hand.
  • Not everyone who deserves a happy ending may get one.
  • Sometimes the best way to lie is to tell the truth so that it will not be believed.
  • What's in a name? Plenty... and nothing at all.

Yes, I'm well aware those are more frustrating than helpful. That's my specialty, after all. Please read (fanfiction and fanficauthors links here) and review, and think and ponder, and I shall run off to the Celtic Thunder concert, and be back with you on Tuesday for a Trycanta blog post about the history of humanity's arrival!

6 Comments to 250K and counting:

Yuliya on Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:32 PM
"All surviving members of the Pack and Pride will destroy at least one enemy." - each? Or all together?

Haminac on Monday, October 07, 2013 1:53 PM
Three Chaps on three Fridays? Fine by me :D For the hints: I like the one about Corona, because I really like her character and her story. The rest, oh well.... We'll see. The chapter was good, although I would have loved to get more details on kreacher and Dean. I really liked how he helped Bernie and is finding to a more relaxed point of view in life altogether. When I read the seventh book, I also weirdly loved the Kreacher scenes at Grimmauld place and was unhappy there weren't more. And oh my god will I be happy when we finally have the "truth" on Lunas prophecy :]

Terry Somma on Monday, October 07, 2013 4:54 PM
I can't even begin to guess what will happen. Your twists come out of nowhere! What I HOPE will happen is that Draco returns to himself, but I get the feeling it might not happen until after he does something that Draco Black would consider horrible, but Draco Malfoy would consider delightful. I'm definitely worried about your comment concerning "suriving members of the Pack/Pride"... I don't want anything to happen to any of them :-(. Somehow the "happy ending" comment doesn't surprise me. I expect to need MULTIPLE tissues.

Serenity on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:03 AM
3 chapters for 3 Fridays?! Hell yeah! Bring it on! *Does a very big happy dance* No complaints here whatsoever. Gives me more to look forward to. =D Oh noes! My inner DV Fan just curled up and cried with the "surviving members of the Pack/Pride" comment then had a temper tantrum. I truly cannot imagine anyone being gone, or even someone from the couples being singled out (i.e., Remus without Danger, Aletha without Sirius, Pearl without Captain, etc.). One thing I LOVE about your story is the family aspect. Why can't they all survive the war to actually live a regular, normal family life for a change (with all that a normal life entails for this family anyway)? All they know is the war and preparing for it. What would it be like for everyone when it is all over? *Sighs* It's just not fair for everyone who deserves a happy ending to not get it. But, to quote Sirius from chapter 36, "...I know, I know. No one ever promised me fair." And like Danger said, "Or if they did, they were lying." Though a thought just occured to me. You didn't say which Pride. I'm sure you meant the original, but I can't help but hope. Not that I want anymore hardship or loss to happen to the second Pride, but I feel so much more connected and concerned to the first Pride, for obvious reasons. Ooo! Another thought popped in (I've been like this for a couple of days now and I just can't help it, sorry). If someone from the Pack and/or Pride dies, perhaps they would join The Founders "upstairs." That way the living ones would be able to visit with them in their dreams. Speaking of upstairs, can someone clarify something for me since I don't know if I'm having a spacey moment or not. Way back when, Danger and Remus had a dream about their wedding with the kids grown up and together with their respective partners. Was that just something to help guide the Pack Parents or was it a premonition of something to happen? I'm sorry to ask, but there's sooo much to keep track with that I tend to forget things easily. -_- *Shrugs* Can't tell that I'm trying to make myself feel better by the fear of impending doom to my favorite characters can you? Anyways, I'll hush now as I've prattled on long enough. Thanks for the update Anne and I'm bittersweetly looking forward to the next one.

lillyginnyrose on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:14 AM
serenity, I so hope you're right. surviving members of the pride implies someone will die. And honestly I can't see anne killing anyone off, at least not before the wedding scene really happens. What means dumbledore can't die either. The second pride however already has "surviving members" and they deserve their revenge so much. And THREE CHAPTERS THREE FRIDAYS!!! friday is gonna be my favorite day of the week for the next few weeks.

Mariam on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 1:09 PM