Wacky Weekends perhaps?

Since I don't seem to have much luck keeping up with Saturday blog posts... but it's only two weeks I've missed. Not that I've been blogging much longer than that in total, but I'll give it one more try next week. Though my family will be here to do some work around the house so I don't know how well that will work out.

Why must weekends be so short? Grump, whine, groan, complain, there, all done for now. It is Sunday afternoon once again and thus it is time for the Surpassing Sunday Dangerverse report. And what there is to report, is... well, not a whole heck of a lot. I was going to try to write Surpassing Danger this weekend and that hasn't happened.

I don't really know what triggers certain types of writing in me, though I can always guess. Sometimes I've been able to force myself into writing something I didn't think I could, usually by means of someone, even myself, telling me not to. I've got enough teenager left in me for that. More often, though, the writing comes when it comes.

At the moment, most of my focus is on Playing with Fire, and as I mentioned about Killdeer, it's a fairly large register shift to come out of historical and into contemporary (or futuristic). Still, that isn't the whole story. As I also said last week, a part of me is afraid to finish the DV, and I think that's manifesting in procrastination.

Is the DV perfect? No, far from it. Is it massively important to my own development as a writer, and I hope to my readers' development as both fans and people? I think so. Has it taught me a lot about writing, what to do and what not to do, how best to get the effects I want, and what urges will probably turn into dead ends? Absolutely.

Next month marks the ninth anniversary of Living with Danger being posted on fanfiction. How long have you been with the 'verse? When did you first find it, and how? Or are you a reader of my originals and haven't read my fanfic? I'd be fascinated to know, and very possibly your answers will help me break my block...

'Nother short post, but that's about all I have to say, DV-wise. I do, however, have a most fascinating link to share. Click here to see why I will very shortly be adding the cover art for A Widow in Waiting to one of the saved files of its contents, and then emailing that to a particular location. Everybody think good thoughts!

Thanks again for reading and see you on Tuesday, and if there's anything you'd like me to cover here, please let me know!

9 Comments to Wacky Weekends perhaps?:

Lauren on Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:50 PM
I found DV sometime in 2005 (either the end of freshman year of high school or the beginning of sophomore). I remember because LwD was completed by the time I started reading it, and I was so frustrated that I had to wait on updates for LwoD. Here I am, 8 years later, still faithfully waiting because you stories are that good. I was so excited when you started publishing originals so I could finally pay for some of the pleasure I've received from your stories over the years.

Emilie on Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:24 PM
I started reading the DV in 2008. I have an e-reader since a few months so I am currently re-reading the dangerverse. And I love it! Please I want to know the end of the story! I haven't read any of your originals yet, because I am in France and paperbacks are quite expensive. But now that I have an e-reader I think "A widow in waiting" will come after I re-reading DV.Keep writing!

Dangams on Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:32 PM
I think it was some time in 2006. And still avidly reading!

Rebecca on Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:57 PM
I think I found the Dangerverse in 2007 shortly after Deathly Hallows came out. I was looking for some good fanfiction, and I was reading a message board thread with recommendations. DV was one of them. I started Living With Danger, and I was (and am still) hooked.

BecT on Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:34 PM
I think I was procrastinating from studying for uni so 2008 - desperately searching fanfic for something satisfying and believable...and still loving it! I love how realistic your character's flaws and strengths are, how accurately you paint the scenes, your dialogue is fantastic but most of all, I love the sense of camaraderie I have with the characters. I still remembering reading the first couple of chapters of DV and going "oh it's so good but what the heck is this werewolf taming stuff?? Where has she pulled that from??". I almost gave up (I like my fanfic to be sort of true to canon) but I'm so glad I didn't because the story you have spun with its twists and turns, it's devastating lows and dizzying highs is way better than canon could ever be. Thank you Anne!!

Serenity on Friday, September 27, 2013 1:23 PM
I first discovered The Great Anne and her Dangerverse in my junior year of college (so 06-07). I was deeply involved with finding good and well written HP fanfics at the time and I think one of the fics I read had recommended to read yours so I checked it out and I've been gloriously hooked ever since. =D I just love that Harry grows up with a family and that Sirius is around. I always hated how that went for Harry in cannon. I've told you before, and I'll tell you again, I think your story is leaps and bounds above cannon (no offense to J. K. Rowling)! Especially now when no one really knows how it's going to go (except that Voldiewart is going to die by Harry's hand...err wand? ^_~). I love long works of fiction and yours is truly my number 1 favorite. I will be sad to see Dangerverse end (because it must eventually, right?), but I will keep it on my e-reader and read it over and over again as long as I'm alive and able to. It's such a wonderful story that it would be impossible for me not to read it several times over. =D

lilyginnyrose on Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:40 PM
Well, I don't know if you remember, but I have been having periods of buggering about your writings and I think that I once said when I started reading. Anyways, it was just before last holidays. I think around june or july. I was immediately hooked on such a long (and complete, I hate reading 100k words and then have a cliffhanger and no update for five years), such a long story and very cute. Your humor is amazing. well, so for me I could read the first four dangerverse non-stoppable, and I hit the end before I left on vacation. since then, I'm checking my mail daily to see when there's an update, I have read all your stories on fanfiction.net (especially dv spins and tells) and the stories of other people too, eg sarahthebardess and defying gravity. I cannot imagine being with dv the whole nine years. I would have been 7 then. I would have grown up with it, like I did with harry potter, but dv updates more often (in chapters instead of in books) so I would probably have been even more close to it. well now I didn't have to live in constant waiting for 9 years, so I guess it's good it happened this way.

Scott M on Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:54 PM
I believe I discovered LwD sometime in 2005, as it wasn't complete yet. If I remember correctly it was very early yet, as I think when I found the Yahoo Group the most recent posts were about Chapter 7, and I might have been reading a little before that. I'm also pretty sure I got there by first reading SarahtheBardess and wanting to check out this story her beta had done, so I'd say I've following you for awhile, if sometimes from afar. ;-)

ray ban outdoorsman on Monday, September 22, 2014 10:18 PM
Hi there are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own. Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!